Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vancouver Contractor Rolls Up His Sleeves to Help the Community

Vancouver Contractor Rolls Up His Sleeves to Help the Community

Local Contractor Tye Barnett offers his services for free in the restoration of Columbia River Highschool's Varsity Dugouts. Travis Ramberg and Brian Remsing facilitated the plan, and are trying to raise funds for the building materials.

(PRWEB) July 22, 2004

"I'm glad to help - to be of service," stated Tye Barnett. "So many people have been good to me, and it feels good to give back. Besides, it's close to me heart. I love baseball!"

What Mr. Barnett is referring to, is the restoration of the Varsity baseball dugouts at Columbia River Highschool in Vancouver, WA this winter.

The project, facilitated by Varsity coach Travis Ramberg and assistant coach Brian Remsing, begins sometime around Thanksgiving, 2004 tentatively. For 10 years, Tye was just a kid who loved baseball, playing his heart out for years as a catcher. Ramberg was an assistant coach at Fort Vancouver Highschool, and Remsing coached him later in the Hazel Dell Big League. When the restoration project came up for these two coaches, they went to Barnett to ask for his help. Without hesitation, he agreed to do the labor for free; Ramberg and Remsing already dedicated to raising funds for building materials needed on the project.

Tye's business, Interior Source Remodeling has already created quite a splash in the community for a small business operating 1 1/2 years. He mainly specializes in bathroom and kitchen remodels, but pretty much does it all; additions, custom tile work, flooring, and commercial remodel and repair. Most people who live in Battleground have already seen his interior remodel of the Low-Carb Island Grocery and Deli located in Battleground Plaza, formerly a School Employees Credit Union. Owners Renee' and Mo Lacombe couldn't be happier.

"We just love Tye - he did a wonderful job, "stated Renee' Lacombe in a recent interview. Said her husband Mo, " I can't imagine using anyone besides Interior Source in the future. It's so hard to find a good-hearted, hardworking contractor you can trust with your money these days."

Barnett learned the business doing a variety of trades, apprenticing under an electrician and a remodeler after years of construction. He started working in highschool, and has been a dilligent worker ever since, which is most likely why his small company is doing so well.

"I'm lucky," He smiled, "I love what I do, I'm healthy, and I have a wonderful, supportive network of friends and family. It was hard at the beginning, but my wife and son were so encouraging. They kept telling me I could do it. I owe a lot to them, and thank God for them everyday. I've worked hard for this. I am blessed."

# # #